phorku's chess blog

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Wild 45 45 Win - New FICS High Rating!!

I won my game (new window) against MFalme. It was a completely wild game. Prevented MFalme from castling on the king side and snatched a pawn early in the game. Fell behind in development. Then I got my knight on the king side stuck in its original position and had to give the pawn back. I dropped my knight in a blunder where I thought I was phorking his queen and king. His king was in the middle of the board. I decided to go for broke and open the middle up. I was threatening a skewer, double phork and a single phork. He played the wrong move and I picked up a bishop and a rook. Then he allowed me to pick up a pawn, force a queen trade, and put me in a won position. I have an all time high rating of 1596, now just 4 points from that ever elusive 1600 goal.

2 Comments:

  • Congrats!

    PS

    By Blogger Pawnsensei, at 2:25 PM  

  • I saw some of that game when you were playing it. When I popped in, he had just hemmed in your knight. I was very worried, because I didn't see how you were going to get out of that situation. You chose a good strategy of getting some counterplay with your queen and got the point. Very impressive!!!

    By Blogger CelticDeath, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home