phorku's chess blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Drew game 3 (45 45)

I accepted a draw in round 3(new window). I was up a passed pawn and queens were still on the board but down on my clock against a stronger opponent. I was starting to get nervous and after the game saw that my current plans had fatal flaws. He offered me a draw with 13+ minutes on his clock and I had a little more than 3. I missed a tactic that would have let me get an exchange (26...Rb2). Hopefully we won't forfeit on board 1 and can still win the round.

I won my 4th correspondence game with Matt and started 3 new games with Matt, DutchDefence and DreadPirateJosh. I will probably win my game with Josh. Still trying to figure out how to apply my chess knowledge in less time. I still play blitz on my lunch hour when I don't have anything going on. My blitz rating is going up but it hasn't translated to thinking faster yet.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home