phorku's chess blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Lost another 3 games at the club...

Last Tuesday I lost all my G30 games at the club. It was not as bad as 2 weeks ago though. I had the advantage in all 3 of my games but could not convert it to a win in the time I had left. I have been playing a more conservative game lately, trying to make moves to improve my position instead of always attacking. In one game the advantage shifted back and forth.

Since I have a problem with running out of time I have started playing 1 or 2 blitz games at lunch to improve my thinking speed. Also this will allow me to play more games and get more experience in different kinds of positions.

I have also started playing some e-mail correspondence games with one of the guys at the club and try to get 1 or 2 standard games in a week.

My tactical studies have slowed some. Last weekend the weather was very nice so I got out and enjoyed it. Also my girlfriend shut down my computer with CT-Art running so I had to redo about 50 level 40 problems.

I will skip the club tonight and work on my tactics and perhaps get another standard game in.

I have also been looking through my Bishop's opening book learning more on how certain positions should be played.

I also found a new PGN viewer that I like much better than the old one and stayed up way to late playing with it, trying to figure out how to add the rotate board check box to it.

Here are a couple fun unannotated games I played recently:
1. A tough win against the BDG. Game(new window)
2. A blitz draw against a much stronger opponent. I had a winning position but let him get away with repitition. Game(new window)

5 Comments:

  • Phorku, it looks like we may end up playing against each other in T29. We're both listed as 4th board for our teams.

    By Blogger CelticDeath, at 3:50 PM  

  • Phorku, RE: Knights Tourney

    Would Thursday, 12/1, at FICS 1800 work for you?

    Just leave a message on my blog.

    By Blogger CelticDeath, at 9:23 AM  

  • Looks like we're supposed to play another game. I don't have chess club Tues., 12/6 (it's blitz night and I certainly don't need to be playing that! :)), so I could play then, or Thu/Fri 12/8 - 12/9 anytime FICS 1800 - 2100. Saturday and Sunday are pretty much free. Let me know what works best for you. I'll try to give you a better game this time! :)

    By Blogger CelticDeath, at 10:39 AM  

  • We will most likely be at church on Sunday at FICS 0830. Anytime on Sunday FICS 1200 or later would work. Are you available then?

    By Blogger CelticDeath, at 11:56 AM  

  • Just introducing myself to the other
    knights. Howdy!

    By Blogger funkyfantom, at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home