phorku's chess blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Scando Dec / Nimzo Def win at the club

Won my game(new window) at the club Tuesday. My opponent declined to take my d5 pawn and played e5 instead. I decided to transpose into the Nimzowitsch Defense like I used to play and won after a tense game. My recent losses on FICS were motivation not to make any dumb moves in this game. My opponent did not really surprise me with any moves and I only made one mistake that did not effect the outcome of the game.
BENNETT, MATTHEW N (1251P6) v FLORY, TIMOTHY J (1290P14)
0-1

5 Comments:

  • A very nice end. The game just sort of built up into a frenzy.

    By Blogger CelticDeath, at 8:25 AM  

  • Congrats on your win.

    PS

    By Blogger Pawnsensei, at 2:21 PM  

  • That is a really nice game. I like how there is a slowly mounting pressure, followed by an invasion into his second rank. Bravo.

    By Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza, at 12:32 PM  

  • Tim,
    On this game...You played exceptionally well!! It was a long, hard fought battle. It is sometimes rare to play such good chess at clubs. I really enjoyed the game. Also, I am pleased to find this blog. I have been looking for a place to discuss chess. especially with someone local. I hope you don't mind if I try and converse here with you on chess. By the way...I am your oppnent from this game. :D

    Matthew Bennett
    P.S. I want a rematch! :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 AM  

  • You can also converse with me by email or other my email is:
    timothyflory
    ---------
    @
    ---------
    hotmail.com
    I am short of friends and acqaintences so I would be interested in hanging out sometime. Wanted to talk to you about it after the game but you hurried off and I had to hurry to the BR. I am also interested in how you stumbled across my chess blog. Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

    By Blogger phorku, at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home