phorku's chess blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

BDK's Blunderwareness curse...

So... I was reading through a couple blogs before my teamleague game on Sunday and came across BDK's Blunderwareness post. I skimmed over it and thought I haven't made a blunder in the longest time, my thought process is pretty much automatic now. So I have black and my opponent opens with NF3. Ugghh... another ambiguous opening game. So I respond with my own ambiguous opening g6. 12 moves into the game and things are kind of tense and I am not sure how to continue. Clock is draining away and I start getting frustrated. I still can't come up with a good plan and decide to move my light squared B into his position so I can close things up with out making my B totally bad. I make my move click click. Instantly I see that I just put it on an unprotected square just 2 squares in front of his Q. I cry out 'What the hell did I just do?'.

An old weakness that I rarely encounter has just reared it's ugly head again. Too bad I had to learn that lesson the hard way... I thought I was smarter than that. Oh well. Now that the lesson has been scorched into my brain I have one more tool to use. Hopefully that will be the end of that weakness.

Well I am off to the club for game 7 of the club championships. It kind of sucks being undefeated. Every game I win makes me worry more about losing the next one. Just got to keep in mind that I do this for fun and have had an outstanding tournament.

1 Comments:

  • En prise is so freaking frustrating!!! When I have 50 games in a row without doing it I'll consider myself a GM in my own mind.

    By Blogger Blue Devil Knight, at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home