phorku's chess blog

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

phorku 4 - club 0

Won my 4th game in a row at the club championships. The pairings got messed up and originally they had me down to play the same guy I played last week. After the switch this week I won a hard fought game against a ~1514. This was my first 'real' game at the club. We usually play G30 and many members can't handle G90. This guy used about as much clock as I did. I was down an exchange after he forked my rook with a mating threat. I after I lost the exchange I set up a nice mating threat. I feel he moved his king to the wrong square. I penetrated and managed to get the exchange back and think I have a mating net in the middle of the board. Before I make my mating move he sees me counting off the escape squares. I move my rook to mate, hit the clock, write my move down and he casually takes my rook with his king. I say DUH! After all my hard work I throw my game away to looking at the pawns backward syndrome. Then I realize it is an illegal move and was just a joke. We bust out laughing. Most fun I have had at the club in a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home