phorku's chess blog

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Chess Study Hiatus

I haven't seriously studied chess in months now. I have been spending some time learning some more practical knowledge. I am playing my best chess ever. When I return to study I will probably try some 'Solitare Chess' based on several others suggestions. With recent study getting extra weight in my analysis I am able to play better chess (for now). Plus it is more fun.

Having completed some 5000 tactical problems I would have to say the MDLM program is garbage for complete chess study. It is fine for tactical training which should comprise a fair chunk of your 'Total Training'.

I am 3-0 out at the club championships this year so far. The first game contained my favorite chess quote:
"I am going to try something" = I am going to try this unsound sac
Second game was tougher he wasn't using his clock though.
Third game was against a weaker opponent. Scando declined, early f6, exf6 and death down the F file. Gave him my N and R for Q and P with his N and R stuck on the Qside...

I am going to consider myself graduated when I hit 7000 problems or 400 points in any of my ratings.

I am also going to post my chess training draft and update it when I have something to update it with. No use in it being invisible.

Happy hunting!!

1 Comments:

  • Tim,

    Hey, Tim Steve Lardieri here! Tim, I enjoyed training with you at the old Philippine institute of Martial arts. I found this chess blog of yours by accident looking up stuff about Filipino martial arts in Cleveland.

    I am still involved in martial arts, and over the years Jules and I have often wondered about you. Jules lives in Las Vegas. I think he just joined Randy Couture's Gym. I saw Bob Bonness about a year ago at Wexlers in Old Brooklyn. I live in Parma Heights, and I work for Cox Communications. Email me slardieri1@cox.net I would love to hear from you.

    Your former classmate at PIMA,

    Steve Lardieri

    Slardieri1@cox.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home