phorku's chess blog

Monday, August 22, 2005

I went to the chess club again Tuesday(PARMA AUG 16). I did ok. Had my new equipment from http://www.sigschess.com/ in 3 days. I got 1 draw and 2 losses. The draw could have been a win if I had more time or a stronger end game. I was still happy with the game. My second game I lost to playing the opening badly. I was still not recovered from my first game. The third game I was playing well. I had the advantage then made a tactical miscalculation then dropped a N for a P due to the pieces being in a jumble on the board. I wanted to post all my games here but I don’t have time to annotate them all. I got my provisional ratings:R: 1399P6 Q: 1246P6

:-(

I am falling a little behind in my first circle of drills. I am about 2/3 through the second level problems. Some of them are a bit tough. I am learning a lot from some of them. I am planning on modifying the circles drill because I don’t see how going through the upper level problems will do much good till I have a good handle on the easier ones. So far my internet rating seems to be holding steady at about 1530. I am not playing as many games since I have been doing so many chess drills. It will be interesting to see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home